Skrei is Norwegian Cod that is cought from January to April as they migrate from the Barents sea to thier spawning grouds off of the coast of northern Norway. To be classifed as Skrei, Cod must be of a certain age and must not have any bruising, discoloeration or other damaging effects on body. The result is a fantastic, thick, fatty cod, that can can stand up to any!
Serves 4-6 people
4-6 Skrei Fillets (about 5 oz each)
4 oz water
6 TBLS champagne vinegar
8 oz canola oil
2 bunch parsley leaves
2 bunch tarragon leaves
2 bunch chives
Salt and Pepper, to taste
For the Herb Emulsion:
- Cook the eggs in boiling water for 7 minutes.
- Using a high-speed blender, combine peeled eggs and water. Then add vinegar, oil, and the herbs and blend quickly on high speed. Strain using a fine chinois, and cool down immediately. Season with a pinch of salt.
For the Grilled Skrei:
- Season Skrei with salt and black pepper and brush with olive oil, place on hot grill. Cook on each side for 3 minutes.
- Gently warm herb emulsion in a small pot.
- Plate the grilled Skrei and sauce with herb emulsion.