Courtesy of Lobster Place/Cull & Pistol Test Kitchen
- 50pcs Littleneck Clams, rinsed of sand
- 3 Cups Panko Breadcrumbs
- 6 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- ¼ Cup Dried Oregano
- ¼ Cup finely chopped Italian Parsley Leaves
- ½ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ½ Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- ¼ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, garlic, oregano, parsley and crushed red pepper. Add the olive oil and stir until well combined. Add chicken stock until the mixture is quite wet. Taste to check seasoning and add a little salt if needed.
Open all clams on-the-half-shell, making sure to disconnect the muscle from the bottom shell. Pack each clam with the bread crumb mixture. Pack the bread crumbs down and secure the edges.
Lay clams on a baking sheet and heat in the oven until the bread crumbs are toasted and turn a dark golden brown.