Fettuccine with Smoked Salmon & Salmon Roe
Provided by Mel & Sheryl London
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Small pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup frozen petite peas, defrosted
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 slices Scottish smoked salmon, cut into ¾ inch pieces (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 ounce jar salmon egg caviar
- 3 tablespoons snipped chives
Cook the fettuccine until tender. While the pasta is cooking, in a 12 inch saute pan, melt the butter over medium low heat. Add the garlic and saute, stirring for about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the wine and continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Then add the cream, a pinch of salt and pepper and simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in the peas and lemon zest.
When the pasta is cooked, drain and add it to the sauce to combine. Then stir in the smoked salmon, divide into portions and top each one with caviar. Sprinkle with chives and serve.
MEL & SHERYL LONDON are the authors of eleven cookbooks, including “A Seafood Celebration” and “The Fish Lovers” Cookbook.” They are winners of the James Beard Award and the Tastemaker Award and were finalists for the IACP Cookbook Award for “The Gourmet Garage Cookbook.” They have been loyal and loving customers of The Lobster Place since the company first opened its doors in Chelsea Market.