Provided by FoodNetwork.com
Rich, full flavor and meaty texture of albacore paired with a light and refreshing cabbage salad.Grilled Albacore
- 4 (6-8 ounce) albacore steaks
- Vegetable oil
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup bok choy, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 3 tablespoons poppyseed dressing
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 to 1/3 cup olive oil
Season albacore with salt and pepper, rub with olive oil. Grill until they just turn white and are firm.
Heat oil in a wok until very hot. Sauté carrots and red cabbage until just limp, add bok choy, chinese cabbage and onion, sauté until warm but crisp, about 2 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients, excluding the olive oil. Slowly add oil in a small stream until the dressing is emulsified. Place vegetables in the center of the plate. Place grilled albacore on top. Drizzle vinaigrette over albacore and around the edge of the plate. Garnish with fresh orange sections.